In order to find out how to configure Bellsouth email with Windows Live Mail, you don’t have to do much effort. There is a straightforward process that you need to follow and you will be able to configure Bellsouth email with Windows Live Mail.
Bellsouth email is mostly used with email clients because it is easier that way. While it is possible to use Bellsouth email as it is, i.e., via webmail, but then, it will be opened in another tab, while rest of the email accounts will be accessed from a different tab. To make things simpler, Bellsouth email should be used with an email client.
Now, talking more about email clients, one of the most common email clients is Windows Live Mail. It is widely used by email users across the world because it is fast, safe and easy to use. If you are using Bellsouth email and want to configure it with your Windows Live Mail, then there is how you can do it.
- On your Windows Live Mail, you need to click the ‘File’ tab.
- Under the ‘File’ tab, you will have to tap ‘Add Account’ and then, ‘Add New Account’ window. After that, here is what you are going to do.
- Click ‘Manual Setup’ or ‘Additional Server Types’ radio button followed by clicking ‘Next’ button.
- Tap ‘POP’ or ‘IMAP’ radio button followed by tapping ‘Next’.
- Make use of ‘User Information’ section in order to enter a name and email address.
- The name you enter will be seen by your contacts when they receive your email. So, be careful while entering the name.
- In ‘Server’ section, you need to select either ‘POP3’ or ‘IMAP’ for ‘Account Type’.
Individual email account holders will have to do the following steps:
- If you are using ‘POP3’ accounts, then you need to enter ‘inbound.att.net’ for the incoming email server. For ‘Outgoing mail server’, enter ‘outbound.att.net’.
- If you are using ‘IMAP’ accounts, then you need to enter ‘imap.mail.att.net’ for ‘incoming mail server’ and ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ for ‘outgoing mail server’.
- Make use of ‘Logon information’ section, you will have to enter ‘username’, ‘password’ and then, tick mark ‘Remember Password’ box.
- Click ‘More Settings’ and then, check the following options for ‘Outgoing Server’ option.
- My outgoing server requires authentication.
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Now, click ‘Advanced’ tab and enter the following details:
- If using the POP3 account, enter ‘995’ in port number and select ‘SSL’ from ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection.
- For SMTP, enter ‘465’ in the port number and select ‘SSL’ from ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’.
- If using IMAP account, then enter ‘993’ in the port number and select ‘SSL’. SMTP port is ‘465’ and don’t forget to select ‘SSL’
- Click ‘OK’ and then, use ‘Internet Email Settings’ window to tap ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Finish’ now.
This was the process of configuring Bellsouth email with Windows Live Mail. You will not find any trouble doing these steps on your own, but in case, you come across any issue, then you can take help of Bellsouth email support. They will guide you regarding the process of how to configure Bellsouth email with Windows Live Mail.