Are you not able to change the settings of your Bellsouth email on your Mac device running on OS X 10.11? Then, go through the below-mentioned details because these can help you change or edit Bellsouth email settings on OS X 10.11. But, before you proceed with the steps for editing or changing the Bellsouth email settings, you can take the backup of your data stored in your email account. If the data is deleted from the server, you won’t be able to restore it. The risk becomes more in POP type accounts.
If you change the password of your Bellsouth Net email Login, it will only be saved when it is changed in the incoming and outgoing server. Changing the password from the SSL settings page is not going to assure you of the password change for the email account.
Step 1 – Change the incoming server settings
- To do this, go to the internet option from the Bellsouth email account page followed by clicking your email account from the list of email accounts.
- Now, you will have to change the incoming server settings for which you need to click the incoming option.
Step 2 – Update password
- To change the password of your Bellsouth Email Settings Outlook, log into your email account followed by clicking on ‘Accounts’ from the preference menu.
Step 3 – Change the connection type and incoming server name of Bellsouth email account.
- Click the ‘Advanced’ option from the bottom right of the screen, which will result in a menu to pop-up on the screen where you will have to check the hostname.
- If you wish to change the SSL settings of your account, then you need a hostname.
- For Non-SSL, use only the domain.
- Click ‘Save’ to save the settings.
Step 4 – Configuring Outgoing server settings:
- For this, go to ‘preference’ from the main window pane followed by clicking ‘Internet accounts’. Then, select Bellsouth email account from the list.
- Click on the ‘Outgoing Server’ option from the ‘Account information’ page. Then, change the server list.
How to change the Outgoing server name?
- For this, click on the outgoing server name from the opened window and then, set the name of your choice. After that, click ‘Save’.
- As you set the SSL for the server, it begins using a hostname.
- For non-SSL servers, just mention the domain name.
- From the outgoing server window, go to the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Check if the port number for an outgoing server is ‘587’.
- Make sure that the box corresponding to the SSL is ticked, or else you will get problems accessing SSL servers.
- For authentication, use a password.
- Enter your Bellsouth Email Settings and password now to check if the selected settings are properly applied or not.
- If you have successfully configured the settings, then you can begin using the account with new settings.
- Exit the window now.
In case, the settings are still being the same in your Mac device running on OS X 10.11, then you should take the help of Bellsouth email experts.