People these days prefer a smartphone to laptop or computer for accessing their personal email like SBCGlobal, Roadrunner and Bellsouth. They find their mobile more convenient than using a tablet or laptop for reading and sending emails. They can easily reply to the incoming emails from the phone itself. However, some iPhone users have recently updated their phone OS version and started getting the problem in using their email. They want to know whether this problem is due to a recent update or some maintenance is going on at the server end.
Some iPhone users have confirmed that they have started getting the problem after updating the iOS version to 11.1/2. Although they have updated the OS version to enjoy the best and latest functions updated by Apple team for Apple device users, unfortunately, they have started getting the problem with their Bellsouth email.
If you are facing the same problem on your Apple device, then here are some suggestion that you can try on your own to fix the problem at the earliest.
- Black screen on mail app: If you notice black screen on Bellsouth email account, then it means the email address of recipient entered is incorrect or is moved to another email service provider. If you are entering any special character in the email address, then you may get the wrong email address message on the screen.
- Delete an email account from the email app.
- Remove all the mails which are taking more than 64 MB of space from the memory. All the promotional mails and other mails can be deleted after reading it.
- Clear outbox folder.
- Restart your phone by pressing the power button and click on ‘Power off’ option you get after sliding it to right.
- Perform restoration function: To restore the factory settings, go to apps and delete all the data from it. Before deleting any file, you must take a backup of your data on computer or online.
- No new mail in the Bellsouth email inbox and error message for a password: If you are not being able to receive the mail from any email address or facing problem in entering the password, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Unlock phone screen by entering the lock code.
- Open email app and click on ‘Bellsouth’.
- Click on right end corner. You will find the ‘logout’ option. Click to logout from the account.
- You need to log in again. It must be ensured that you are logged out from all other devices.
Important: If you are receiving any irrelevant or promotional emails in the inbox without your consent, then you can stop receiving them by blocking the particular email addresses. You can also report the message as ‘False message’. If you are receiving in the trash or junk folder, then click to move to inbox folder.