Error code ‘550’ is related to the recipient’s address. If the recipient is not authorized, you will get the error message on Bellsouth screen. Let’s discuss in details about this error, how this can be resolved and what the possible causes of this problem are.
We will discuss the potential problems along with their solutions.
- Authentication void: Facing problem in sending or receiving the new mail on your Bellsouth Email Account? If yes, then there might be some problem with the Authentication or error related to this may be appearing on screen. If there is a problem with the SMTP, then you will find Authentication error on Bellsouth screen. The SMTP servers block the email due to security issues. To enable SMTP servers, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open ‘Email program’ and click to enable SMTP authentication. Click on ‘My server wants authentication’ option.
- If you have configured an email program like Outlook, windows live mail on the computer, then server authentication is not to be done separately. It will be done on its own. You just need to click on ‘Yes’ when performing the setup.
- Sending email from wrong address: Any minor mistake in the email address will lead to error 550 on screen. If you don’t know the email address to whom you are going to forward the mail, then must confirm it once. You will get ‘wrong email address’ message on the screen while trying to send the message to a false email address. To get rid of this issue, here are some steps that need to be implemented.
- The email address should be entered carefully and correctly.
- If you are setting up the email, then enter the email address carefully in the boxes. You will have to enter the same email address in more than 2 boxes.
- After setup, it usually takes 24 hours for activation.
- Don’t enter any special character in the email address, otherwise, you may forget it or the email server will not approve it.
- Sending to wrong email address: If the address entered by you in the ‘To’ field is incorrect, you will get Error 550 on the Bellsouth screen. The message will remain saved in the outbox folder. You can forward it anytime from the outbox folder itself. You will get a ‘Delivery status failure’ message on the screen. To get rid of this error, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Check all the spellings carefully before clicking on the ‘Send’ button. You need to get the email confirmed from the person to whom you are going to send the mail.
- Make sure that the receiver servers are free from faults. If the servers are down, you may get sending error.
The steps will help you in fixing Error 550 from the BellSouth email screen. If you are still having any trouble, you can get immediate assistance from the online page or from experts available at Bellsouth support.