Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source email program for multi-email clients. You can configure your email on this platform. This application is loaded with lots of amazing features. In order to set up the Bellsouth email, you must update the Thunderbird client first.
We all know very well that Bellsouth email is powered by ‘AT&T communications’. This is a parent company that offers its free service to all those customers who have taken any other services from them.
If you are new to Thunderbird Browser and don’t know the steps to set up email on it, then we have bought a simple guide for you with the help of which you can configure Bellsouth Email Login without any hustle.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird browser from the computer desktop. If you have not created the shortcut for it on desktop, then you can open it from the ‘Start’ menu.
- Open ‘Account settings’ from the top left of the page.
- Click on ‘Tools’ and add a new email account from there.
- You will be told to select SMTP settings for your email. This setting is most preferred due to sync with other devices and this is due to the SMTP settings, you receive new email.
- Check the name of the service provider in the list of email programs. If the name is appearing on the screen, then select it otherwise add the name manually.
- You will be prompted to check the ‘Authentication method’. Normally it is turned to ‘Normal’.
- Enter username followed by email address of your Bellsouth Email Account in the next field. Do enter the domain name as well.
- Enter the password you use to login to the account in the next field.
- The account will be set up under ‘SMTP’ account type. You can configure the SMTP account and start sending and receiving the email.
- If prompted, click on ‘Set as default’ for SMTP account server type. When you save this account type, there is nothing like you can’t change the server type in the future. You can change anytime provided you have to log in to the account.
- Tap ‘OK’ to save account settings.
- Close the Mozilla Thunderbird window post saving the settings.
- Try sending the mail to your friend or on your own email address. If you have received the mail, then it means the account is properly configured and you are good to go. If it is not received, then contact the email service provider.
- To send any mail from your account thereafter, you have to login first only after then you will send it.
These days, everyone is maintaining more than one email account, one for family and one for business. So, there is a need for management of both the account. There is nothing better than Mozilla Thunderbird which will solve the purpose. To configure or get Bellsouth Email on your Mozilla Thunderbird email client program, you have to follow the tricks and tips mentioned on the link. After implementing the steps, if you find anything away from your understanding, you can contact email experts.