Managing emails in the inbox folder means deleting some of them, marking some as important, or flag or displaying emails according to date and time. If you want to sort the emails in the inbox of your Bellsouth account, then first log in to the account and follow the guided instructions thereafter.
It is recommended to open the email either on a computer or on a laptop to access and change the settings of it as the user-interface is quite friendly on the laptop screen as compared to that of mobile.
This is the main dashboard of every email account which can be accessed from the right top of the inbox screen in the case of Bellsouth email. You will get options like ‘Account info’, ‘Settings’, ‘Colors’, and ‘Themes’. If you want to check the privacy settings of your account, then hover to ‘Account help’ and click on ‘Legal and advertising info’.
Inside the settings menu, the below mentioned features or menu can be accessed.
- Change the default view of your email.
- Switch between full or normal view mails.
- Change email signatures.
- Create or remove filters.
- Create a message for vacation mode.
- Block unwanted email address.
- Security change.
How to sort BellSouth email inbox
The messages can be sorted based on time, email address, and date:
If you sort according to the days of the week, then the messages will be displayed basis of ‘Today, Tomorrow or yesterday’. If you sort according to ‘last week’, then all messages received before Saturday and Sunday will be considered.
Previous month: As the name implies, all the emails from the previous month will be displayed.
Besides this, you can change the sorting function from the right corner of the toolbar. The most common settings which you will find in the toolbar are discussed here as under:
- Date: If you select this function, the latest emails will be displayed on the top.
- Unread: All the unread mails will be displayed.
- Date: Old to latest. If you select this option, the oldest mails will be displayed first.
- Attachments: All emails with attachments will be shown on the screen.
- Sender: This function is disabled if the conversion is in use.
- Subject: This option is again disabled if the conversation is in use.
- Starred: Emails marked with stars will appear on the top.
- Group by conversation: To enable or disable any conversation, you need to click on the ‘Help’ link. Open ‘Bellsouth settings’ from the main menu.
The conversation or chat option is enabled by default on the Bellsouth account. If you want to chat with an individual email addressee, then you can use a conversation. All the messages will store in one place and if you want to change the subject or sender, disable the conversation first.
Note: There is a ‘search’ widget given on the top of the inbox to search particular mail from the inbox folder. If you enter an address, subject or any keyword related to the message, the content concerning that will be displayed on the screen. The glass type icon will showcase the mail from the selected sender.
This is how you can sort and manage messages in the inbox folder of your email account. If you find any problem, you can contact the email experts.
If you have concerns about Bellsouth email login, then immediately contact us.