Are you getting problems in installing Bellsouth email account on your Android phone? If yes, then we are going lay down the exact steps to configure email account properly on your device through this post. You must read the steps carefully.
Steps to setup Bellsouth Email Login on Android device are:
We all know the importance of email accounts these days. It has become if not the primary, then one of the primary modes of communication in the business world. If your email is not functioning properly, then you may incur losses in your business and you won’t be able to chat with your friends properly.
If you are not aware of the process of configuring Bellsouth email service on your Android device, then there is nothing to worry. We are going to let you know the steps for the same. It doesn’t matter, which model you are using, you will be able to apply steps on every model.
Steps: Before starting with the steps, you must ensure that you are having a correct email address and password with yourself if you are already signed up on email. If you don’t know the login details, then it will be difficult for you to sign-in to the page.
- Open app page on the home screen of your Android device.
- Go to ‘Mail’ app from the list and click to add an account.
- You are required to enter the username and password of your email account in the next field.
- If you have not signed up for Bellsouth account yet, then first create your account by filling the personal details. Click on ‘Submit’ to submit the information.
- You are required to select the type of account you want to configure. Here 2 options will be displayed on the screen. You need to select ‘POP3’ type. This account type is mainly preferred on smartphones. After this step, you will be directed to incoming server settings page.
- Enter incoming server address in the address field. If you don’t know the incoming address, you can call at Bellsouth support. They will help you in entering the server address.
- Now, it’s time to enter outgoing mail server address. Enter correct email address for your BellSouth email account. If you find any problem, you can contact Bellsouth email support team. After step 7, you need to enter the port number for incoming as well as outgoing servers. The port number is different for both the server addresses.
- Click on the box given next to ‘SSL’. SSL stands for secure socket layer. This will protect your email account from being hacked by a hacker. SSL must be enabled for incoming as well as outgoing servers.
- Click ‘Next’ to go to next step. You may get the pop-up message for changed settings. Click ‘OK’ to confirm.
- Enter verification details for authentication purpose. Once your identity gets verified, you will be logged into the account.
- Open your account from your smartphone now and check whether all the features and functions are working or not.
This is how you can configure Bellsouth from your smartphone. If you want to access it from web mail, then the same login credentials will be used. However, the SSL feature must be disabled on your computer. Unchecked the box which says, ‘Use secure connection’.