Forgetting the password of your email ID is definitely not a good thing to do. But, in case you forget the password of your Bellsouth email account, then don’t worry. You can easily change or reset the password without taking anybody’s help. Want to know more about it? Read below-mentioned blog post.
BellSouth is a world-renowned telecommunications company that is acquired by AT&T. BellSouth offers a wide range of services to its users, from cell phone utility to landline utility and internet services. Those who use BellSouth internet service are also given a free email address. It is quite easy to identify if a person is using Bellsouth, as the domain would be like @bellsouth.net. If you are a Bellsouth email user and have forgotten the password to your email, then here is what you can do to change and reset the password.
Before we go ahead with the resetting of the Bellsouth email password, you should keep in mind that the steps are valid for @bellsouth.net, @att.net, @flash.net, pacbell.net, @sbcglobal.net, swbell.net, @wans.net, @prodigy.net, snet.net, and @nvbell.net.
So, if you are using any of the above-mentioned email services, then here is how you can reset the password for your Bellsouth email:
- Go to the official site of the company and find an option that says ‘email reset’.
- Select the option named ‘password’ under forgot user ID/password section.
- Type in your Bellsouth net email login address and your last name. Click ‘Continue’.
- Choose a method of getting the temporary password.
- You are going to receive a temporary password via email or text message. Choose any of these options and press ‘continue’.
- Once you find that password, enter the same and continue.
- Now, you should create a new password, preferably alphanumeric. Once created, you can confirm the password and select ‘continue’.
In order to reset your Bellsouth email login password with security questions, here is what you will have to do:
- In between the password reset process, you will come across a point where you will be asked to create a security question. Answering to this security question will allow you to access your email.
- Choose ‘I’ll answer my security question’ followed by entering the answer to that question.
Now, the security has been further beefed up as you have entered a security question.
How to change the password for your Bellsouth email account?
If you are looking to change the password for your Bellsouth email account, then here are the steps that you can follow:
- Visit Bellsouth login page and use your Bellsouth email credentials to log into your account.
- Go to ‘my profile’ option followed by selecting ‘set personal password’ section.
- Type in the password that you have been using up till now followed by the new password. Click ‘confirm’ and then, ‘save changes’. If you come across any issue, then you can take help from Bellsouth customer service.
What if your account gets locked due to a wrong password?
If such a scenario occurs, then you should wait for an hour or so because the company unlocks the account after a certain period of time. If your email account doesn’t get unlocked, then you should reset the password using the above-mentioned steps.
Bellsouth email is quite easy to use, plus if there is anything that you wish to change in this email, then you can go to Bellsouth email settings for the same. In case you are not able to change or reset your password, then you can seek help from email support providers.