Kindle Paperwhite model is a 3rd generation and the only waterproof E-reader model ever developed by the company. This device has Bluetooth built-in for audiobooks and built-in buttons and screen light for best illuminance. The process of adding books to the kindle paperwhite model is similar to that of adding in other kindle models.
You can download the favorite book from an online book library by login to the kindle account. The login credentials used for the Amazon account can be used for accessing kindle books. Apart from E-reading, there are lots of amazing features available in Kindle Paperwhite model which you can try on your own. One of the best feature available is ‘Ability to read and write email’ from kindle itself. This is possible after downloading the email app on it.
Steps to configure email on the Kindle Paperwhite model are:
- Open ‘Apps’ section from the home screen of your Kindle by pressing the menu button.
- Click on ‘Email’ and enter the details of the Bellsouth email account. If the name of the service provider is not given in the pre-defined list, you can add it manually.
- Enter the email address of your BellSouth account and other settings related to it.
- Select ‘Account type’ from the list of options.
- The default incoming address server settings will be fetched automatically. If not, then add them manually. You will have to enter the email address, port number and static IP address in the incoming server field.
- Enter server name and 995 in the port number field.
- For IMAP account type, enter ‘IMAP’ in front of the address.
- Check outgoing server address settings. If there is a need to enter the server settings manually, then add them one by one.
- Under port number field, enter 587 and in the server address field, enter the complete email address followed by the domain name.
- You may be asked to select the security type for incoming as well as for the outgoing server. Select ‘Automatic’ for authentication type.
- Now, you have to select the time slot after which you need your kindle to refresh the inbox of your email.
- Enter the name in the next field which you want for public showing. This name will be shown on the receiver’s screen when you send any mail to your friend.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the setup. Close the window which is opened on the screen and start accessing email from your Kindle Paperwhite. Don’t forget to click on ‘Save’ before closing the window. For more information you can visit Bellsouth Email Settings.