When it comes to one of the most reliable email clients, then MS Outlook is definitely going to make the top of the list. Millions of users are using MS Outlook to access their other email accounts. Of those email accounts, Bellsouth email is also used in large numbers. But, there has been some issues experienced by users in accessing Bellsouth email on MS Outlook. Let’s delve into the problem and also find a solution for the same.
Before we begin with finding a solution to the issue, it is important to know as to which settings have been selected by the users to experience such an issue. Choosing wrong email settings may cause the problem to arise in Bellsouth email.
If you are using Bellsouth email on MS Outlook, and have configured the email using POP settings, then you need to take care of certain things, like the ones given below.
- Check whether you have entered ‘pop.att.yahoo.com’ in the POP server field or anything else.
- If you’ve configured the email using SMTP settings, then check if you’ve entered ‘smtp.att.yahoo.com’ in the SMTP server field or anything else.
- Make sure that the incoming server port number should be ‘995’ and the outgoing server port number to be ‘465’.
If the values are the same as the ones mentioned above, but even then, the email doesn’t work, then the problem seems to be in the configuration process. If Bellsouth email was working in MS Outlook 2007 version, then you should perhaps try deleting your Bellsouth email account from Outlook 2010 followed by adding it again.
Keep in mind that the settings that are added are the same as that provided by the company. If you are sure that you’ve added those settings, then you will have to move onto another solution.
The solution to the problem can be found in the incoming POP server.
- You will have to change the values in POP server to ‘pop.mail.yahoo.com’.
- Change the outgoing server as well, and add ‘smtp.mail.yahoo.com’ in place of the current value.
- Once you add these values, click ‘More Settings’ followed by ‘Outgoing Server’ tab.
- Now, select ‘my outgoing server requires authentication’ option.
- Enter your Bellsouth email and its password in ‘log on using option’.
- Click ‘Advanced Tab’ and then, select ‘this server needs an encrypted connection (SSL)’.
- Enter ‘995’ in the ‘incoming port number’ field followed by entering ‘25’ in the ‘outgoing port number’ field.
- After adding these values, select ‘OK’.
If you think that MS Outlook and Bellsouth email servers are not communicating, then that’s wrong because those are communicating.
You need to try the aforementioned solutions. Just try one solution after the other, and the issue will be fixed. If you have tried all the solutions, yet the issue exists, then you will have to get in touch with Bellsouth email support. They will be able to provide you with the right assistance. So, get in touch with the experts and fix the problem once and for all.